HOW DEFAMATION HAPPENS ONLINE AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT
NOR ZABETHA BINTI MUHAMAD NOR
(Advocate & Solicitor at Messrs Nor Zabetha Chinna & Co.)
Zabetha is one of the partners and the head of Litigation Department for the legal firm Nor Zabetha Chinna & Co. She also has extensive experience and often represents customers at all levels of judiciary in various matters for civil and criminal litigation. Her professional background highlights include acting as counsel for a prosiding involving the late Mr Karpal Singh and representing Majlis Peguam Malaysia as an advisor overseeing the case of death of Gunasegaran a/l Raja Sundram in police custody.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP?
To understand the legal implications surrounding the daily use of social media and to help the public be aware and make use of their rights on social media platforms.
From this workshop, you will be able to identify how your privacy and identity can be protected by the law; and will know the processes and actions to take following defamation on social media.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Everyday people who are active on social media
- Social media users asking about legal rights online
- Online entrepreneurs
1ST SESSION –
– How the law works on social media
– Social media legal issues
– What is defamation
– How to identify online defamation
– What are the effects of defamation
– Social Media Awareness
– Actual cases and practice – How does this affect you
– Steps need to be taken to protect you
– List of associations and organisation that can help you
– How to handle and take legal actions
1:30 pm – Registration
2:00 pm – BLOCKSPACE Introduction
2:10 pm – Session 1 with Miss Zabetha Muhamad Nor
3:10 pm – Tea Break
3:40 pm – Session 2 with Miss Zabetha Muhamad Nor
4:40 pm – Q&A Session
5:10 pm – End
Date: 3 September 2018 (Monday)
Time: 2:00PM – 5:10PM
Admission Fee: • General Admission: RM15/per person
INQUIERY & REGISTRATION
Tel: +60361779368 – Admin Blockspace
+601128030095 – Admin Blockspace
OR GET YOUR TICKET DIRECTLY HERE